Battle for Rikal IV

Do you enjoy reading large indepth battle reports? Look no further and download the entire PDF of the Battle of Rikal IV here!

You can find the playtest rules for game 3 here

Sunday, April 26, 2009

Terminators and sternguard

It's a lot of work trying to get all my units ready for our big final Rikal IV game. After making rules for Jolin the terminator captain I decided he needed his own command squad. Fortunately I had a base coated terminator unit with FW shoulder pads which would work perfectly.

Using my standard paint scheme I simply added gold to their shoulders and altered their headpiece colors to make them stand out more. I think they turned out pretty well

Now the sternguard were much more of a conversion process since I didnt buy GW's boxsets. 70$ for 10 models isn't what I call a bargain for marines who just have special bolters. Creating my own 7 combi-meltas was fairly easy just a bit time consuming. For the sergeant I used the limited edition one from the online store and then made my own heavy flamers. Inspiration struck me for the floating platform and while it's not totally canon I think it looks cool anyway so screw it

In game 1 these guys were a huge disappointment but I hope game 3 will be different!
and lastly I finished Corbulo's custom stormlord. If anyone follows BA lists you'll notice that Corbulo tends to ride in a vehicle to maximize his range which has become a bit of an inside joke to my friends and I. Since he's a prominent member of the chapter why isnt he riding in something a bit more stylist? Well here is his new ride

I call it the "Last Rites"


That's it for now. Only a few more units to go

No comments:

Post a Comment